Wednesday, March 17, 2010

amazing grace



Grace Dourte Wolgemuth
August 30, 1916 - March 17, 2010

My beautiful grandma died today and for once I am at a loss for words. I will miss her hugs, her singing, her friendship, her kindness, her applesauce, her hands, her smell, her shredded wheat bars, her compassion, her prayers, her laughter, her meals, her questions, her voice, and her beaming smile. She was truly amazing and I feel tremendously lucky to have been loved by her all these years. I will miss her so, so much. But I'm happy because she's whole now, and finally home.

6 comments:

Jacki said...

Amy, I know it must be so many feelings. To know where she stands today yet missing her here. We will pray for your family today.

Unknown said...

Amy, you and your family have been in my prayers. I was home painting yesterday and waited for the word of her homegoing. As I painted and prayed I was overcome by the thought of her celebration with your grandpa, my grandma and others in heaven. She was so precious and while I only know her in a small way, I will miss all the things you said about her. I'm heading out for the service with my mom, see you then!

Karen said...

So sorry Amy! You and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

I just came upon this memorial for Mrs. Wolgemuth, as I was searching for information to an Introduction to a short story I once wrote about Samual(Mr. Wolgemuth) as I always called him and His wife Grace. Their names came up recently in conversation and I was asked by a friend who took part in Youth For Christ at a young age to send that short story. I met The Wolgemuths six months before Mr. Wolgemuths death, I worked for an agency called Home Instead. I visited Mr. Wolgemuth two afternoons a week while Mrs. Wolgemuth went to her Bible Study group. I read his mail to him, magazine articles, periodicals etc. Once Mr. Wolgemuth went to be with The Lord, I ventured into other avenues, I had learned more than I could ever have imagined in those six months. The last words I heard from Mrs. Wolgemuth were, "Jackie, Heaven isn't where we thought it was." I so wanted to discuss that with her, but she had to leave to catch a plane, yet it was not meant to be and I will never know what those words meant... And so, I shall prepare the story I wrote for her and now share it with another. "Bless"

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

Thank you for writing, Jackie! If you ever check back here, I'd love to see your story about my grandpa. You can email me at amybordoni@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Will do Amy and in fact I will send you that story via email.....