
Today, Liam and I went to spend the day with my cousin's three girls while she and her husband were at the hospital. I left Elliott behind with Andrew and my mom as a tag team because I just couldn't fathom five kids from 8 am to 9 pm when two weren't even walking yet. I know a lot of moms do it, but I don't know how.
Kids are kids, but life with girls is a little different than days filled with boys. For instance, in the morning, after a mad rush to put hair in buns and costume up, we all shuttled off for Nora (5) and Maggie's (3) dance recital dress rehearsal (which sure was a treat for a mom who will never have the pleasure of dressing a girl in adorable outfits and watching her twirl and tap). Then, throughout the day, there was the occasional break from play to tend to random baby dolls - cuddle them, wrap them, put them to sleep. At one point, three dolls were swaddled and sleeping in the soccer net. Liam, although not adverse to holding a doll, always seemed to find a way to introduce a weapon (preferably sword) or "bad guy" into the mix. But the damsels loved having a stand-in brother and Liam couldn't have been happier. This is the trick to a bigger family when two is your limit: borrow someone else's kids.

No comments:
Post a Comment