Liam asks a lot of question, particularly about God. Half the time I have absolutely no idea how to answer. Some examples:
:: Why doesn't God have any kids other than Jesus?
:: Did Jesus wear diapers? Toot? Throw up?
:: Was God ever zero, you know, like a baby?
:: Why doesn't God ever talk to me? I ask him to and he never does.
I guess when two questioning people come together, it's a good bet they are going to bear a questioning child. I try my best not to shut him down or blow off his questions or laugh, but sometimes it's a challenge. Here was today's installment:
LIAM: Does Mary know me?
MOM: What?
LIAM: Does Mary know me?
MOM: Mary who?
LIAM: Mary, God's mom. Does she know me? You know, like in real life.
MOM: Umm. (long pause)
LIAM (annoyed): Well?
MOM (deciding what answer will be most satisfying): No. But God knows you.
LIAM: Oh. Does he like me?
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Fun post. Reminds me of a book I recently read by a Taylor Professor, Jim Speigel: Gum, Geckos and God. It's a worthwhile read if you haven't had a chance to pick it up yet.
He's a philosophy/theology professor and writes on these subjects in the context of questions his young children have asked him. It's a really fun read.
Post a Comment