I will not fill my calendar until nothing's blank.
I will leave space to dream.
I will not blow past the moments I am quick to label "a waste of time."
I will lay in the grass and watch the clouds, dig in the dirt with a stick, contemplate the virtues of a dandelion.
I will not wake up one day and wish I had been busier.
I will be sad I didn't join in the ridiculous, nonsensical card game and let the laundry wrinkle in the drier and the email go unanswered one more night.
I will not wear a busy life like a badge of honor.
I will proudly tell people that I prefer leisure.
I will not trade what's important for what's admired.
I will let go of appearances.
I will not feel one shred of guilt.
I will be fully in this world and with the people I love.
I will not be sorry.
Saturday, May 2, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I"m going to print this and post it all over my house. Thanks for a great reminder!
Post a Comment