Tonight at dinner I was telling Liam about our upcoming drive to Wisconsin and how we'd be taking my grandma (whom we fondly call "Gaye") up to my dad's house with us. I asked Liam if he knew that Gaye was Papa's (my dad's) mom. He looked at me stunned and then broke into a huge grin.
"Mom," he said. "You're silly. That's the craziest thing I've ever heard!"
"No, honey," I assured him. "Gaye is really Papa's mom."
"But I thought Gigi was Papa's mom," he countered.
"Nope. Gigi is Papa's wife."
"You're goofing me," Liam laughed. "What if Gigi was my mom and Papa was my dad?"
"I think they're kind of old to be your mom and dad, don't you?"
"Well, you're old," he said matter of factly. "You have ankles (wrinkles) and dots on your hand."
Oh, dear. Just wait til you're twenty, honey. I'll be the one wearing purple.
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
wow. super funny
Post a Comment