This has been the week of hilarious conversations and stunning one-liners. Here are a few of the gems.
LIAM: "Tracy (friend Ian's mom who was the reader parent at pre-school today) read us a Bible story about animals today."
MOM: "Was it Noah's ark?"
LIAM: "No. There were no people in it, not even Noah."
MOM: "So, how do you know it was a Bible story?"
LIAM: "Because it was a BIG book."
::
Elliott was standing up next to me and putting his head in my lap (trying to bite me, as usual) when I was sitting on the couch this afternoon.
Liam glanced over from across the room and shook his head, "Elliott's really into you."
::
Last night Liam had a sleepover party at grandma's while I hosted my book club. When we reunited he told me all about the huge dinner he ate, including (apparently) a plateful of peas (which I don't think I have ever served him).
"Peas are tricky to eat," I said. "Did you use a fork?"
"No," said Liam.
"A spoon?"
"No," he said again, and then added oh-so-matter-of-factly, "Hands."
::
(During a snack after school.)
LIAM (very nonchalantly, as a teenage boy might): So...I talked to Paige today during gym time. (Paige being Liam's self-proclaimed "girlfriend.")
MOM (as cooly as possible): Really? What did you talk about?
LIAM (shrugging his shoulders): Brothers.
::
While riding home from Wisconsin on Monday, Liam was in the back seat singing to himself. The song took some odd and questionable turns, as a boy's song might.
When he finished I said, "That was a creative song, honey."
"Yeah," he said as he looked reflectively out the car window. "Except for the butt part. That was kind of awkward."
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
LOVE Liam's song .... made me laugh out loud! what a fun boy.
Wow - your lads provide some great material. Thanks for sharing the laughs.
Makes me look forward to when Malia is sharing her thoughts verbally...
Aren't kids just great? Definitely material for "kids say the darndest things". Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment