

I was thinking of titling this blog post "midnight sewing" because that's when I made this skirt - after 11 p.m. last night. Tight work deadlines and summer weather are encroaching on my sleep. I am too wound up to go to bed at night and the birds chirp me awake before dawn. Mostly I've been working during these long waking hours, but what I've really wanted to do is sew.
So late last night I dug through a pile of clothes I've saved to "do something creative with" and found a pair of jeans I got at a neighborhood clothing exchange and decided to try and turn them into a skirt. I loved how soft and faded the jean were, with little rhinestones on the back pockets and a nice low waist, but I hardly ever wore them because were just a little too short and a little too tight. In about an hour I altered the jeans into a comfy skirt. I didn't follow a pattern. I just cut the legs apart and figured out what to do from there, using the bottom part of the leg for the middle panels since they were already hemmed and all.
I think this skirt is going to see a lot more daylight than the jeans did. I'm already imagining jean skirt number two.

1 comment:
You are so darn creative and thrifty! I love it!
Post a Comment