
This is Liam on his way to the first day of first grade. The skipping was not staged. There was no place he'd rather be going. I tried to relish the moment so I can remember that he really was thrilled to go to school once. Like when we're off to the first day of seventh grade.

Getting to school at 8:30 a.m. is a bit of a rude awakening for a six-year-old teenager who is usually waking up at that time. Obviously we don't have a hairbrush in our house. Or an iron. Luckily grunge is in.

This is Liam at the end of his second day of first grade. He changed into this outfit to go to the school ice cream social in the evening. I tried to talk him out of it, seeing that the Hawaii 5-0 shirt kind of clashed with the preppy plaid shorts. But he just shrugged and said he liked it. This is why I love shopping at Good Will. My son has his own sense of style. I don't get it, but when it costs $2.50, what I think is irrelevant. The bonus is I can easily locate him in a crowd. And he still looks mighty happy.

No comments:
Post a Comment