
:: Valentine's Day. And the anticipation of a party where you get cards and candy. A clever monster valentine box that a boy can get behind (thanks to inspiration found on The Crafty Crow). A strange new shyness about girls and the significance of valentines that will be "sent" and received. We're not in preschool anymore.

:: Performing. The much-anticipated first piano recital. He didn't want to do it. Didn't want to do it. Did it beautifully and actually liked it. So much so he willing gave a private encore for his aunt and uncle who missed his performance by one student. At this point, mom is loving that Indian Song will be retired.

:: Looking like Justin Bieber. Bangs brushing his lashes; ears hiding under the side fringe. I tried and tried to convince Liam a haircut was in order this weekend. I even bribed him. But he pleaded. Apparently a girl in his class told him he looks like Justin Bieber now. And when he came downstairs for school this morning he was sporting a Harley t-shirt and leather jacket his cousin Sam handed down. I felt a tinge of sadness that my window of influence over dress choices (like last year's heart shirt) has closed. But I could tell he felt like a rock star. So I put down my scissors and my inner critic and gave him the thumbs up. Then I acted like a groupie and swooned and tried to hug and kiss him. He pretended to be annoyed by me, but I know he liked it.

No comments:
Post a Comment