Over the last eight weeks I have started and left unfinished three different blog posts. With the job, freelance work, family, school craziness, taxes, early risers (need I say more), my head is just not in the game. I think I have something to say but as I start writing, I can't get my thoughts together. Thankfully, inspiration has not disappeared completely. I still remember how to bake.
Tonight I had a hankering for peanut butter cookies. I never make peanut butter cookies. I don't even know how the butter and peanut butter ended up on the counter. And then the egg and the milk. The flour. I had the ingredients. Mostly.
We don't stock much in the sugar department anymore. In fact, some (particularly an 8 year old I know) think I am getting a little crazy about cutting out sugar. Andrew still uses sugar in his coffee, because he likes to poison himself like that. But tonight I thank him. I pillaged what I could from his stash and then got the strange idea to substitute a banana for the rest. A banana's sweet and goes nicely with peanut butter. Could be insanely brilliant. Could be weird but edible. Could totally flop.
The verdict? Well, I am writing this post. The first in nearly two months. You do the math. Then do the recipe. You can thank me later.
Peanut Butter Banana Cookies
1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter (no sugar, of course)
3/4 cup sugar
1 medium ripe banana
1 egg
1 T milk
1 t. vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour
3/4 t. baking soda
1/2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
Cream butter, peanut butter and sugar. Mix in banana until totally blended. Mix in egg, milk and vanilla until creamy and smooth. Stir together dry ingredients in separate bowl and stir into peanut butter mixture. Drop by tablespoons onto lined cookie sheets and bake at 350 degrees for 10-11 minutes.
Tuesday, April 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
I just finished baking cookies...yours look much better and more adventurous than my chocolate chip ones. :) When I bake yours I'll let you know what I think. Miss you girl! Love reading these...they're glimpses into your life & I love it, thanks for sharing.
Amy, how did you make them look like Easter eggs?
Welcome back, Amy! I always find inspiration in good food (or trying to work off the calories that come with eating good food). Can't wait to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Keri, your comment made me laugh! Those are Easter eggs. That photo is not related to this post. But if I could make these cookies look like Easter eggs that would be brilliant indeed! :)
Great blog, Ames. Good to see you back in the game.
I now want a plate of those cookies and a glass of frothy milk.
Check out my meanderings at http://gravenrecords.blogspot.com
Cousin Matthew.
Hi Amy! We are all slowly prodding along here in blog land aren't we? I love your recipes! Anyways, God brought you to my mind today. Hoping for God's very best going on there over in St Charles life for you.
Post a Comment