Sunday, April 19, 2020

This sun-drenched day

If it wasn’t for the dead and dying
and the news of the dead and dying
and the risk of being dead and dying
If it wasn’t for not having a calling
that puts me with the dead and dying
I would bask in the afternoon sun
warming the long walk through quiet neighborhoods
sparkling through just-washed windows
streaming across the book propped on my chest

If you are among the dead and dying
or you love someone who is dead and dying
Please forgive me
Alive here soaking in the sun
getting swept away by a glorious day
that just shouldn’t be

© 2020 Amy Wolgemuth Bordoni

+++

I really enjoyed Krista Tippett's interview with Ross Gay, author of The Book of Delights (highly recommended), while I walked through the sunny streets today. A good reminder that it isn't selfish or disconnected to experience joy in sad and difficult times. It's human.

No comments: