Thursday, February 5, 2009

you know you are parenting boys when...

...you hear yourself yelling things like, "Don't run with that gun in your mouth!" or "Your brother doesn't want to smell your butt." Oh, yes, I have uttered both of these tasteless lines this week.

So, I was looking forward to hearing the authors of the book Wild Things: The Art of Nurturing Boys speak tonight. But I wasn't expecting it to be so incredibly excellent. If you have a boy and marvel at the words coming out of your mouth (or his!), do yourself a favor and check out this book and the authors' website. It will be a heart changer, for everyone involved.

3 comments:

dbirkey said...

just checked out the website . . . where were these guys when I was raising MY boys!! (ah . . . I know . . . they were in diapers!) and, actually, some of these same phrases appear with daughters as well -- especially when they have brothers! kids are the best . . .

Alysa said...

I SOOOO wanted to go hear them at Wheaton Christian last night ... i heard them on Moody Mid-day connection but jack had a commitment so i couldn't go ... they seemed fantastic ....

blue corduroy said...

that is tooo funny! i don't have boys, so can't relate completely, but we have had the butt smelling conversation.