
On this cold, grey April day (which has now turned white and icy - argh!), I suggested to Liam that we color while Elliott took his nap. Not particularly thrilled with my coloring book choices, I remembered some mandalas I had stashed away. A couple years ago a former assistant minister spoke about these circle designs related to prayer, specifically about coloring a mandala as a way to quiet your mind. Today some stillness and rest from anxious thinking seemed like a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

After leaning over my paper to tell me what a good job I was doing for the third or fourth time, Liam broke from his Power Rangers coloring book and asked if he could color one of my circles, too. I am still stunned by what a spectacular job he did. The most incredible part is that we colored together for TWO full hours. Side by side. Quiet. Calm. Lost in color. Just the best kind of happy.
Find some of these wonderful mandala coloring pages here.

No comments:
Post a Comment