Friday, March 12, 2010

unseasonably mild with scattered showers


This has been a tough week for me. Long on work. Short on patience. Really it's the lack of time to expend any creative energy that's gotten me down. Working on boring projects to pay the bills; constantly tidying; doing load after load of laundry; rushing from here to there and back again; never picking up needles and yarn, a book, a pen or a pile of fabric. It takes its toll on a girl, and the girl's family. So, thank the Lord for the weather. Oh, blessed spring-like weather. The squish of the mud, the sight of the tender green tips poking through the earth, the heady smell of rain, it's nearly enough to make this girl cry.

Here are some other bright spots this week:


:: a blooming pussy willow tree! Every year the sight of these tender little buds popping open gives me hope that spring really is coming soon.


:: a pile of the most amazing and lovely vintage fabrics that my friend Sabine offered me this morning. I am swooning. All I had to do was look at these and imagine the possibilities to feel my creative energy returning. This weekend I am definitely sewing.


:: our daring aquatic boy. who, I ask you, could resist him? nothing, nothing is as wonderful for this child as submerging himself in the bathtub. pool pass? check.

What's been keeping you going this week?

3 comments:

Jacki said...

Oh, I understand your motherly cry here. I know it's just so mundane at times. Your contribution is so great. You wrote so beautifully out of your frustation though!

I say whip something up out of that unique fabric. Wowsers. Hope it brings you some cheer.

Liam is due over here soon....

dbirkey said...

I was thrilled, this week, to hear the familiar voice of our Cooper's Hawk who returned from his winter gallivanting and chose our elm tree once again. Welcome home, dear feathered friend!

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

that's a very sweet photo of E; I've been fondling fabric this week myself. :)