Sunday, July 11, 2010

new summer dos and jean skirt number two



At the 4th of July parade last Sunday we scored two free coupons to Sports Clips. Think these boys need a haircut? For years - actually, Elliott's entire life - they have only had their mother and a pair of scissors. It's worked okay. But we couldn't pass up a free haircut could we?



Two coupons. Three haircuts. Dad surprised us all by sneaking out after he saw his boys' new dos and chopping his 8-inch ponytail. He says he can still play guitar as well as ever and he's not hot and scruffy all the time. He's a man of mystery, and cute as ever. But, the rock star and short hair? I'm still getting used to it.



My hair is shorter and redder this summer, too, but I don't have a good photo and since this is my blog, I'm showing the most recent recreated skirt I've made. These were really old, worn-out jeans with two blown knees. But they were comfy and I wanted to salvage them. At our most recent neighborhood clothes swap, I brought a linen dress that was too long, too shapeless and too see-through. No one else wanted it either. I loved the embroidery at the bottom, though, and my friend Heather suggested I keep it and made something else out of the fabric. She's a smart girl, that Heather. It was the exact perfect fit for this new skirt and I like the funky old-jean, flowery-linen combo.


And to solve the see-through issue, I sewed a t-shirt lining. Another clothes swap find and already hemmed. Too much fun with scissors over here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I recognize that layering tshirt...so comfy, banana republic, worn for about 10 years by me! Glad you could give it more life!!