
That boy looks suspicious, doesn't he? Do you think he suspects that awesome smoothie he's drinking is nothing but good for him? Nope. He doesn't have any idea. All he knows is that it's a super hero smoothie and it's delicious.
We're sharing our four favorites. Both boys have one nearly every day. Sometimes I blend in some flax seed meal and sometimes I hide the vitamin D. They just suck them down.
Yoda
1 c. unsweetened almond milk
1/2 c. orange juice
1 banana
3/4 c. frozen mango chunks
2-3 stalks of swiss chard, stems removed
Batman
1 1/2 c. unsweetened almond milk
1 banana
3/4 c. frozen mango chunks
1/2 c. fresh or frozen blueberries
handful of spinach
Green Lantern
1 c. pineapple juice
1 c. unsweetened coconut milk
1 banana
3/4 c. frozen mango chunks
2-3 stalks of swiss chard, stems removed
Mace Windu
1 1/2 c. unsweetened coconut milk
1 banana
3/4 c. frozen blueberries
handful spinach
1 T agave nectar (optional)
Each recipe makes 2 to 3 servings. All measurements approximate. Color-coordinated straws (aka lightsabers) recommended.

2 comments:
Brilliant. Jessica Simpson has nothing on you, Amy!
I'm a friend of your cousin Jamie and I must say thank you for this idea. While I've always put tofu and greens in my kids' smoothies (and watched in delight as they suck it down and ask for more) the brilliance of giving them Star Wars names and drinking them with light sabers has helped us have a smoothie renaissance around here. They even made up a Darth Maul! (With any kind of red berry and a little chocolate sauce)
Post a Comment