Wednesday, January 26, 2011

beautiful things I've seen online

:: This heart-breaking story that's a tragic piece of history eloquently linked with a mother's love for her "special" son. To think that in another place and time, my own son would be considered expendable and wiped out. I was moved to tears when I read this tender story, which isn't really surprising, I guess. It hits very close to home.

:: This sweet little video of a now-popular Etsy artist and how she brought her dream to life. In addition to loving her approach to the craft, I am enamored by her accent (what a surprise!) and her chickens. Yes, I want chickens.

:: This incredible "proverbial" quilt that a blogger I like just whipped up. The letters are awesome and the fact that they spell out lyrics of a song by my favorite band, well, I'm speechless. I'd like to think I could copy the idea but I should probably start with a potholder.

:: This wonderful lesson in perspective that a very popular blogging neighbor sprung on her kids the day before Christmas. All that's needed is a pocketful of dollar bills, a pack of post-its and a giving spirit. Thanks for the example, Kasey.

:: This life-giving project from Craft Hope that enables people like me and you to make a difference in the lives of new moms in Haiti. Did you know that only one in 10,000 people has access to a doctor in Haiti? This project provides safe birthing kits and would be an awesome thing to do with a small group of like-minded friends, crafty or not.

What beautiful things have you seen online lately?

5 comments:

alli kaarina said...

Thanks for sharing these beauties. I love the stories and creativity you found.

Mine is my dear friend's sisters video and story at www.adoptrinah.com.

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

Alli, Thank you! I just LOVE that video. BEAUTIFUL!

dbirkey said...

Thank you, Amy and Alli! I'm forwarding these to others! Love you!

kasey said...

Those are some awesome stories! Thank you for linking to mine.

Jennifer said...

Just read your essay on Go West and really enjoyed it. Great message for all. In purusing your blog I noticed that you'd like to have chickens. I live in a community (very)near yours and have chickens. Check 'em out and you'll want them even more!