Tuesday, January 11, 2011

the boy has a plan


On Saturday, Liam spend hours designing a new LEGO set. Then, he disassembled it, found a box, put all the pieces in it, created packaging and taped it up. 100% on his own. There are no step-by-step directions, but there's a nice drawing of the completed structure. All the pieces are in the box - including 14 minifigures! - and it can be yours for $39.99.

This boy is so determined and focused and creative, sometimes I think there must be a 30 year old in that body somewhere. I am amazed by him. We have broken it to him gently, though, that this set probably will not sell. He's okay with that.

He's onto building mini LEGO robots. How cute are these? (Note, however, they are not so cute 10 minutes before it's time to leave for school and the boy is not dressed and has not finished his breakfast but has snuck back to LEGO land to finish another robot. Mom yelled this morning. Felt kind of bad about it. Need to figure out a better morning plan that allows for LEGOS and gets us to school on time, without the yelling. Any suggestions?)

5 comments:

Carrie said...

You've got me thinking haiku (I think...5-7-5?)... :-)

Mom yelled this morning.
Felt kind of bad about it.
Need a better plan.

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

like! :)

Jacki said...

Tristan wants to play the in am too with these. what is it about these things? I was thinking for every minute he's up ealier, he gets that many to play legos. It's so challenging to think so creatively in those rushing morning moments. I'm with you totally....

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

I set a timer this morning. It helped.

Jacki said...

yahoo!