I used to write poetry. I used to have time to think. I used to be able to sit with a line from a poem and stew over it for an hour. These days I cannot imagine it. There's billable work to do! Kids to chase after! Groceries to buy! Dinner to prepare! Showers to take! My rational mind tells me I need to exercise, clean, purge my office long before I need to wile away my precious hours doing something as indulgent as writing poetry. But I can't shake the longing to get back to it. So, inspired by
My Year in Haiku, I plan to write and post a haiku every Friday. A poetry warmup of sorts. 17 syllables a week. I think I can do it, and still keep the kitchen tidy.
(If you are so inspired, join me and link to your haiku post in the comments - or just write one there. It'll make you happy. It'll make me happy, too.)

fifth morning of school
goodbye cries escalating
it will get better
4 comments:
I'm so blame blog lame
it took me forty minutes
to post this comment.
I'm glad you are enjoying my blog. It was personally satisfying to write a haiku a day for a whole year. Fridays sounds good!
Lost inspiration
My soul's squeezed dry
Drench me with haikus
For me, cannot wait to read more of your up coming poetry! Love it so so much your words.
Post a Comment