Tuesday, February 22, 2011
paid writing
For nearly fifteen I've been a freelance writer, creating content for anyone who will pay me. Today marks the day that I get paid to write whatever I want. I've never pursued this kind of paid writing because, truthfully, to feed a family you have to pen the words companies will pay for. But writing my own words makes me so much happier. And to earn a bag of groceries for the trouble, well, that's icing on the cake. Here's my first piece on this long journey to "be a writer." And get paid for it. Thanks, Tribune.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Congratulations, Amy! That's fantastic. I look forward to reading your work in this new venue.
You deserve it Amy, you are a fantastic writer and you draw us in as you write and we relate to every word. You are so gifted-and praise God it comes with a paycheck!
Congrats Amy!
You are a rock star! This is awesome.
You're amazing! Whatever they're paying you, it isn't enough. Thank you for posting and sharing. Can't wait for more of your words...they drip from your heart. Your beautiful heart. Love wave.
Post a Comment