Monday, March 28, 2011

ten things I did while my kids were gone for 24 hours

1. Took a 4 hour nap.

2. Didn't worry about what's for dinner, and who wouldn't like it.

3. Walked through Target without once being asked to buy something.

4. Helped my husband pick out a few new clothing items. (A very rare moment of weakness on his part, but we may finally be able to ditch the old crocs and hoodie for church and nights out. Black skateboard shoes and green army coat - big step up.)

5. Ate leisurely dinner out at the Ale House at 9 p.m. on Sunday night. (With husband in new black shoes and army coat I made him change into in the car.)

6. Enjoyed a sort of tidy house that, gasp, stayed sort of tidy for 24 hours.

7. Had my husband all to myself, alone. That's all the information I'm giving.

8. Slept uninterrupted all night. (And had lots of weird dreams and woke up tired. Perhaps it's better to be terribly sleep deprived.)

9. Revelled in a silent house all morning. (And found it harder to get my work done. Perhaps I can only focus when someone is pulling on my leg crying "snack, snack, snack.")

10. And, alas, wondered when my kids were coming home.

3 comments:

kasey said...

where do i sign up for one of those 24 hour things....

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

It's called local grandma. I'm really lucky that way, I know.

prairievisiondesign : handmade said...

like this very much! rest before the kish hurricane!