Aside from sitting in the same chair eight hours a day, the most difficult adjustment to having a full-time job is feeling weary and unmotivated and needing more sleep. My midnight to 5 a.m. routine doesn't cut it anymore. I can hardly bear to look at my to-do list. I feel pretty uninspired.
I am waiting to get my groove back. To do the things I wish I had the motivation to do. To purge the closets and make the yard pretty. To write a book and build a platform. To sew skirts and make curtains. To organize a million little things.
In the meantime, when I'm home, I'm soaking in the little people who are full of energy and wonder and joy. I'm not getting much done, but that's okay. I'm discovering that sometimes when we accomplish the least, we do the most. It's the stuff no one else can see. It doesn't improve my house, my wardrobe, my bank account or my mind. But, in the end, it matters. Maybe more than anything else. At least, when I'm laying on the couch watching Mr. Rogers Neighborhood with my favorite four year old or heading to the park for the third time on a Sunday, that's what I'm telling myself.

1 comment:
Such a perfect reminder today to stay with what matters.
Post a Comment