
This is Liam repairing our bathroom cabinet handle that has been without a screw for, um, maybe a year. Home maintenance, when not critical, falls fairly low on the daily to do list. He was de-robing for a bath, when he walked into the kitchen, rifled through the junk drawer, unearthed a screwdriver and small jar of nails and screws, and purposefully walked back into the bathroom. I called after him to see what he was up to and he called back that he needed to fix the bathroom cabinet. I really wanted to finish unloading and loading the dishwasher so I figured I'd let him "pretend" for a few minutes. When I walked into the bathroom, this is what I found. Liam had found a perfectly sized screw, aligned it to the handle and screwed it in. He then proceeded to collect all the nails and screws back into the jar and put them all back in the junk drawer.
"Look, mom, you can lock the door again," he said proudly. "I fixed it."
That he did. I still can't believe it.

1 comment:
Can you bring Liam over this weekend? I have some serious maintenance issues around the house and I don't have any good people...
Brilliant.
Post a Comment