Thursday, September 17, 2009

favorite things :: random links I'm loving

:: When I posted yesterday about piano, I should have included a note about our latest musical inspiration - From the Top at Carnegie Hall on PBS. Liam and I have watched several episodes online. When you see kids ripping it up musically, it's great motivation to sit and play.

:: Even though the days are beautiful, we seem to spend less time outdoors than we did in summer. Probably because we are rushing from one activity to the next a breakneck speed. (I said I would never be that mom. So it goes.) This post - 10 Ways to Get Outside Even After School Starts - has some really interesting ideas for getting kids out of the house and in touch with the natural world even when you're all busy and running from place to place.

:: If you're needing inspiration or a good (happy) cry, get your tissues ready for this one: J Mac - A Hoop Dream. And I'm not even a big basketball fan.

:: In a rut? Want to be more creative? Here are 100 Ideas. I am thinking of starting with #1 and trying them all, one a day. Then I would have inspiration for 100 blog posts! :)

:: Finally, I have to give my cousin Matt McKechnie a plug. Living in a new town, with a home-based job, and his full-time working wife his only local friend, this bored (and funny) guy created a comedy program of sorts - The Matt Show. I hope he remembers his family when he's famous.

No comments: