
Many years ago I bought a piano from my aunt on a whim. I was going to learn piano. I was going to be a pianist. Five years of lessons later, I didn't have a whole lot to show for my efforts. But I couldn't part with the piano. Now I am so glad.
Liam and Elliott love banging the keys. A couple times a day Liam will sit and play. We have tried to video or record him, but he resists. This morning, however, Liam asked Andrew if he would record him playing some songs. Andrew agreed and recorded seven songs, all self-titled by Liam. Below are our two favorites. I was blown away by "Fly Away," particularly when I heard him sit down late this afternoon and play it again. Crazy. He can't remember to put his shoes in his cubby or his clothes in the hamper, but an original composition for solo piano? I guess that's a different story. Keep in mind that, as opposed to my five years of lessons, he is five and has never had a lesson. Check it out. They are worth a listen.
:: Fly Away
:: Books on Fire

4 comments:
These are right up there with the "Animals in the Forest" song he wrote. He is extremely gifted....wonder where he gets that from?
So when he plays these again, they sound the same?!
Yes! (Just the first one.)
wow, he's quite a composer. i thought the title fly away was a bit off until he finishes it off. perfect.
Post a Comment