
My sister Liz and her man Tim got hitched yesterday, and what a fun and happy celebration! Woo hoo!! With all four of us in the wedding and helping with various aspects of the day and surrounding activities, other things (like blogging) went by the wayside. We were just too busy making plans and making programs and making dinner and making placecards and making everyone presentable and making lingerie (ahem, yes, I sewed silky shorts - cute, but due to winging it and shoddy construction, they will probably fall apart, soon) and, most importantly, making memories.

As for the big day itself, I completely missed taking photos of anything other than a few blurry shots of the bride minutes before her debut (too much time spent ring-bearer wrangling). Liz looked stunning and jubilant. This photo does not begin to do her justice.

Elliott was like vapor. Impossible to pin down. But after only one spill on the slippery runner in too-big shoes, he made it down the aisle. Liam confidently led the four-child procession. As this photo shows, it's tough work carrying a little satin pillow down the aisle, sitting quietly in a pew and standing for 100 photos. But dancing with cousins makes up for it all. In fact, Liam informed me today that he has decided that he will be marrying Grace, my cousin's daughter. Or, as he identifies her: "Grace, a girl I met at the wedding." I thought maybe I should explain that marrying a cousin won't fly, but I decided to let it go. Tomorrow his future wife could well be "a girl I met at the library" or a friend from the neighborhood. We're just glad he's got at least 20 years to decide. Here's hoping he'll get as lucky as his uncle Tim.

3 comments:
Thanks for giving us a glimpse of the wedding and its participants. It sounds like it was a wonderful time.
Yay! Liz looks beautiful:)!
Let's catch up soon, Amy....
Wish we could have been there to celebrate with you all.
I am looking forward to seeing Mary's pictures tomorrow.
Post a Comment