Friday, January 15, 2010

more on haiti

Last night we learned that the ministry our church actively supports in Port-au-Prince, Grace Children's Hospital, is still standing after the devastating earthquake. It is a miracle really, and an incredible gift of hope amidst so much sadness.

Early this morning I stubbled onto The Livesay Haiti Weblog, which is from an American family who has been living and ministering in Haiti for the last four years. Amazingly they wrote the "news report" that I referred to in yesterday's post (which I didn't know at the time). And this is the same blog that my friend Carmen noted when she commented on yesterday's post later this morning. I just love coincidences like this. They tell me that this is an important site to share. If you want to get an in-the-trenches, first-hand report of what's happening in Haiti and how we as a far-away people can help and pray, it is worth reading. I knew I would following this family as soon as I read the quote in their masthead.

Better to love God and die unknown than to love the world and die a hero; better to be content with poverty than to die a slave to wealth; better to have taken some risks and lost than to have done nothing and succeeded at it. –E. Lutzer

Amen.

3 comments:

Carmen said...

2 other ministries in haiti that amaze and humble me:
haitirescuecenter.wordpress.com
http://heartlineministries.org/Blog20.aspx

Carmen said...

forgot to say - so thankful that grace hospital is standing - what a blessing

dbirkey said...

So grateful as well. Also, thank you for introducing me to this brother and sister . . . I'll be following them from now on and praying. I'm convicted and humbled by their lives. I'm making the introduction to as many other people as I can.