On a cold day, I like nothing more than a cup of afternoon tea. But lately I have been craving hot cocoa. This week we made our own mix from a recipe I perfected last winter. Next to melting a bar of Belgian chocolate in a cup of hot milk, I think it's the best.
Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix
2 1/4 cups powdered milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup good unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup non-dairy creamer
1/4 cup powdered sugar
dash of salt
Combine all the ingredients. Mix 3-4 tablespoons in a mug with hot water. Not too sweet. Just yum.
If you're looking for something to read with your cocoa, check out the reflection I wrote today for the Emerging Geneva blog. There is nothing that moves me more than a stranger coming to the aid of someone who can't up their status, wealth or power, of a person who does good in such an insanely generous way it can't go unnoticed, even years later. In this case, the good was done to Andrew, and the gift continues to touch us today.
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Amy, I read your Emerging Geneva post...how beautiful to live on the edge and have someone reach out their hand!
Post a Comment