Friday, September 4, 2009

boil boil toil and trouble


If Liam were in charge of his own schooling, it would be potions and strange mixture making all day long. I try hard not to squelch him. Our main rule is that he has to ask me before using anything. This is so he doesn't dump all of the saffron and pure vanilla extract down the sink and mix us right out of house and home.

This week he called to me from the kitchen and when I came in he was seated at the counter with his "recipe" book open, holding a spoon and bowl.

"Mom," he said desperately, "I really need to make this. Really!"

When I looked down at the book he selected - The Dangerous Book for Boys - and saw that he had randomly opened to the section on Girls - specifically, how to talk to them and act appropriately around them - I laughed out loud and opened the pantry. You go, little fellow. And good luck.

2 comments:

kate said...

Oh, giggles! That's just perfect...he'll *love* reading this one in about eight years:)

Anonymous said...

If only it was that easy!