

. . . is now a purse! I am crazy about how easily this pattern from the new book Handmade Home by Amanda Blake Soule (aka Soulemama) whipped up and how clever it is. Very little cutting and pinning. And a fun way to use vintage linens and not have to buy anything new. The inside of this bag is part of a pretty old pillowcase. The outside is a tablecloth I have had and liked for so long but because of some stains and clashing with my decor, I've almost never used it. I think it was really meant to be a bag.
Now I am off to a local church rummage sale to see what other sheets, curtains, bedspreads, tablecloths I can get for pennies and remake into cute stuff. Very addicting. I am sure my favoring sewing over sleep will soon catch up with me. But not yet.

2 comments:
Looks great; glad you're sewing! My dear, EVERYTHING was meant to be a bag!
Love it! Makes me think of some old linens I have that were Grandma Dourte's that are stained and unusable for their original purpose. Maybe I can give them to you!
Post a Comment