Friday, April 9, 2010

lest we all forget

Haiti is off the front page, but the stories of loss and unimaginable pain are still incredibly real for the Haitian people. So are the stories of hope. If you read anything today, read these two stories - Emmanuel and Alleluia - both about boys named Emmanuel.

I was especially touched by the fact that Emmanuel means "God with us." Or as Mother Theresa would say, each one of them is Jesus in disguise. So when you pray for the precious people of Haiti, please pray, too, for the amazing, giving people who are working so tirelessly to help them. I am humbled and awed by all the love in the midst of this tragedy.

It is easy to get discouraged that we can't help the whole world. But we can help one person. Who is your Emmanuel today?

2 comments:

Jacki said...

Amy-I just added myself as a follower to this blog where you spoke of and added it to my blog list. Do you know these people? You had a timely and wonderful post here. So true how we easily take it off our own priority list. Yet at the same time there are so many urgent things and people and nations to pray for. I guess it's just staying in prayer all day long in our souls to the Lord.

amy wolgemuth bordoni said...

I don't know the Livesay's personally but I have followed their blog since the earthquake. I love their story, their big family, their passion for Haiti and their huge hearts.