Wednesday, February 13, 2008

what's for dinner?

Lately I've been adapting and embellishing recipes to make up for the fact that I don't have all the ingredients and it's too cold outside (as in minus degrees) to go out and get them. Last night my improvisation turned out pretty fabulous, humble gal that I am. And, let me tell you, the pantry was pretty bare.

Greens Go Better with Bacon

8 oz. pasta (I used penne)
4 slices bacon (I used frozen/pre-cooked)
2-3 cloves garlic, sliced
1/4 t. crushed red pepper
2-3 c. chopped greens (I used bok choy)
couple big splashes of white wine
1 can white beans, rinced and drained
lots of fresh grated parmesan

Cook pasta till al dente; drain and set aside. Cook bacon in big saute pan. Remove and drain drippings from pan (not necessary if using pre-cooked). Saute garlic and red pepper flakes for a couple minutes; add greens and a big splash of white wine. Cook until greens are wilted (adding more wine as needed). Crumble bacon and add to greens with beans and pasta. Top with lots of parmesan. Bon appetit!!

1 comment:

JBC said...

Yum. I'm looking forward to seeing the recipe for what are famously known at my house as "Amy's cookies".