Wednesday, March 5, 2008

liam's no good, very bad day: a retrospective

Standing by the back door sobbing for 15 minutes (!) straight after Andrew left for work because he (Liam) needed to give him (Andrew) one more hug and kiss.

Lying in the pile of dirty clothes in the bathroom closet calling, "I am staying in the laundry until daddy comes home." When asked if he'd like me to put him in the washing machine with the clothes, he looked me straight in the eye and said completely straight-faced, "You're not funny."

Melting down in the store because, "I - just - need - one - small - drink - of - water!"

Sniffling in the back of the car and when asked (sweetly) why he was sounding sad, he replied in a wobbly little whisper, "I'm having a rough day."

Bursting into tears when Elliott started crying at dinner and when asked why he (Liam) was crying, pointed at Elliott and said (gasping), "He's making me!"

Moaning up the stairs, "I'm so tired. I can't go. My head is falling off."

1 comment:

Liita said...

Amy, I feel so much better now that I know I'm not the only one with a grumpy preschooler. We have days like that. Too funny! Although it's never funny until after it's blown over and become history.