So far, in my life as a mom, I have said some pretty odd things. A sampling: "Put that back in your pants." "We don't put water in our milk." "Stop smelling your brother." And, of course, "Don't stamp the baby."
Today, though, I topped them all. We were getting ready to leave for an appointment and Liam had jumped into the back of the car rather than get in his car seat. I kindly called him to come forward and get in his seat.
"I'm going to ride back here."
"No, honey, you're not," I said. "It's time to get in your seat."
"But, mom, I can ride here. It's fine back here."
"No," I said. "You cannot ride back there. Now, get in your seat right now."
"But I want to try this."
"Liam," I yelled. "If you don't get in your car seat in two seconds, I'm going to call the police!"
You never saw a four year old move over a seat back faster.
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
The "did I really just say that list" is probably a rather humbling list to maintain. This story and those other lines you noted, however, make me think that's it's worthwhile.
I love it. I can picture it. I also can relate. Thanks for being so transparent. Hopefully as Sammie approaches 4 (after she turns 3) I'll be able to look and laugh at myself after similar moments
Good Morning!
My name is Jeane`, and I am a cousin of Chris Horst who is marrying YOUR lovely cousin, Alli! As she knows I have a little blog on which i scribble when I can, she recommended yours to me, and I have taken a few moments to get acquainted with your life as described in your postings. I'm loving it! I haven't read much, but I would say this one is one I especially relate to! I have a stepson who is 14, and then Christopher who just turned 2 and Annie who just turned 1 and am expecting another in the next month. Already, i have said/done things that exceeded my lowest expectations of myself. :)
How is that such adorable, precious people can so quickly bring out the ugliest in me???
Anyhow, I will enjoy visiting your place on the web, and you are welcome to visit mine (although not nearly as creative a place as yours!)...
Warmly,
Jeane` Miller
www.thecoffeecottage.blogspot.com
Post a Comment