

1. :: Liam's drawings into art :: I started this little first-attempt-at-embroidery project a couple months ago (inspired by an idea from The Creative Family) and accomplished 90 percent of the stitching in the last 48 hours. The plan was to give it to my mom for Mother's Day, but I don't think I can part with it now.


2. :: More monster t-shirts :: Liam loves drawing monsters and they are too cute. The shirts are so easy to make. Here's how.
3. :: Cheese :: Yes, that's right. In addition to cutting the cheese (I live with three guys, afterall), we're making the cheese. In Animal, Vegetable, Miracle Barbara Kingsolver waxes on about how easy and rewarding it is to whip up big batches of fresh mozzarella and other fresh cheeses and I couldn't help but send away for some starter culture right away. I ordered the Fromage Blanc culture from New England Cheesemaking Supply Company and we made a batch this weekend. The $1 starter culture and a gallon of milk resulted in a couple pounds of fresh cream cheese. Perfect for Liam and Elliott's favorite cream cheese and jam sandwiches. Thank goodness they both think our homemade effort tastes good, too!

4. :: Noise :: Yes, this is Mr. Happy, um, crying. Loudly. He was attempting to shove a fistful of fresh-picked cherries into his mouth and I stopped him. There are very few things that Elliott will cry over. Being denied food is one of them.
5. :: Bruises :: We had hoped to go to the demolition derby at the county fair tonight but it was packed out and, if anything like the hip-hop music blasting through the fairgrounds, maybe a little too rough and crass for a four year old. Liam was, understandably, disappointed, but perked up at the promise of ice cream. After downing his cone at Grahams, he treated us all to a fifteen minute performance of "demolition daddy." Back in the car, he very tiredly moaned, "Wow, I'm all breathed out." He and dad are both sleeping well tonight.

6. :: Memories :: I hate to think of the day when snuggling with mom won't be cool anymore. Until then, I'm just soaking it up.

1 comment:
great post and pics! I'd love some of that cheese!
Post a Comment