Today we moved Liam and Elliott into the same bedroom. I thought we might do this someday when Elliott was older and sleeping in a bed, but a great blog post I read last week about the benefits of siblings sharing a room gave me a push. Although the night is young, here are a few additional benefits I already see:
:: Stuff just has to go. We unloaded a changing table on friends who will soon be adopting; relocated and donated toys: sorted, shuffled and Freecycled clothing; and found some other creative ways to make space (i.e., moved it to the basement).
:: Instead of two half-decorated rooms, we now have one very cute, fully decorated bedroom. And it is the most organized, best-looking room in the house. I wish I was sleeping there.
:: I get my office back, which will now be office/guest room/sewing room. Hallelujah!
:: Monsters don't visit when there are two in a room, or at least someone's got your back. Even I feel safer in there now.
:: Brotherly love really shines or, as Liam aptly put it tonight as he skipped up to bed, "This is soooo special."
Here's hoping the lovin' feeling lasts for a while. I, for one, couldn't be happier.
Sunday, September 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
So, this was posted at EG, and then it wasn't. You should post over our way again :)
Post a Comment