Monday, September 8, 2008

giving and getting

Changing over clothes for the cooler weather (and the bigger boys) is bringing on the urge to purge. I recently got turned onto an awesome grassroots movement called Freecycle that makes this effort easy and fun. In more than 4,500 Freecycle groups across the country, people are giving away the stuff they don't want anymore to other people who do. There's a group right here in our town and every day I receive a digest email that sums up all the stuff people are giving away and all the stuff people want. So far I've claimed a bunch of French storybooks that a kind woman delivered to my door, and just missed on a wheelbarrow full of sod.

I know, I know, I'm supposed to be purging. There's always tomorrow. Check and see if there's a Freecycle group in your town. Keep your money in your pocket and your junk out of the garbage.

No comments: