Saturday, September 20, 2008

favorite things :: art wires


About two years ago, as our fridge was overtaken with Liam's first drawings, I had an idea to hang a string across the far end of our kitchen and use little clothes pins to hang the artwork. Ever after crammed with artwork, this wire has become the focal point of the room, inspiring happy thoughts on dreary days. Over the last couple months I have run across this same idea in books and blogs that I like, where it's usually called an "inspiration wire."


Last weekend when the big rains hit and water began seeping into the storage room in the basement (thankfully, we were able to keep it from entering the finished part of the basement), I found a bag of clothespins in the big clean up. So, this week we hung up a ribbon across the corner of the porch/art room/guitar lesson studio and used our newfound clothespins to hang the most recent paintings and drawings and a few of Liam's favorite photos. It makes me so happy to see these creative and colorful displays, I am thinking of stringing one up in every room of the house. I wonder if hanging bills on a wire would make them look cheerier. I'm just about willing to try it.

No comments: